Tuesday, January 11, 2011

All's Quiet on the Circus Front

So, it's been an interesting past little bit of time since we've returned from the holiday break. On the first day back in class, I had a private in Trapeze with Jamie and we were focusing on release moves (power moves where you let go of the bar to perform an acrobatic movement and re-catch the bar with either your hands, ankles, or other ways of grabbing the bar).
This was going well until all of a sudden, my hands ripped off of themselves.
To sum it up, all that time working on fabric for the Flying Nut show, meant that my trapeze calluses lost some of their vigor. So the first day back, deciding to do hardcore release-y trapeze....maybe not the best choice.

Conveniently however, I was out of town for the rest of the week, so I had a slight chance to rest my hands. Now, they are almost completely healed, and yesterday I had a trapeze private with Jamie and we worked on my upcoming new trapeze act, and it was fine. I taped my hands so that the healing rips wouldn't un-heal any, and we worked on combining tricks I can do, tricks I can learn to do, and really started forward motion on my "Apologize" trapeze act. Also...a picture of something I thought looked really ugly on me, but apparently it doesn't. There goes my sense of accurate self perception. Picture below:

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Waow!! Very cool Tyler. I am verily "amazed" at your dexterity. I thought Yoga was difficult but what you're doing I assumed only could be done in photo-shop. I'll stick with trying to perfect my lotus position, thank you very much.

I am around Burlington 1/20 till 1/25 with my daughters. Are you preforming anywhere near there during that time or would you like to get together somehow up there. Lemme know at 215-840 1011.

Unc' Allan.

Alex Levin said...

Wow T!! You loo fantastic! congratulations. You should be so proud of your hard work. I am awed! With much love, Alex (and the rest of the Levins)

Rosa Maria said...

My dearest T,
Congratulations... Working hard is the beginning of a nice end . Love, Hoza