Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Just keep swimming...

Not anything crazy interesting to report...
right now it's in a weird area, cause we don't have a performance coming up,
but Ecole Nationale de Cirque auditions as well as the Ecole de Cirque Quebec auditions are at the end of February.
Some of us are preparing for that, so that's a slow simmering anticipation, rather than an immediate boiling one.
I'm working on a new trapeze act which will in its entirety be my new happy performable trapeze act, and in its 3 minute or less version, be my audition act for ENC and Quebec. Jamie has been really great working with me on it, we have been picking little transitions and figuring out more interesting ways of doing things.

Yesterday we had our mid-program physical assessment. At the very beginning of the program, we were assessed in many many physical strength and flexibility measures: i.e. how many pullups, straddle ups, how long can you hold an L-sit...as well as how low to the ground is your split, how low is your straddle, how bendy is your back...
So, yesterday was the exact same assessment, to see how far we've come in various areas and what we might still need to work on. I improved almost all of the strengthy ones, except for the Wall sit, which I utterly failed on.. grrrr. I still was the LONGEST HOLLOW BODY holder in the class, which made me happy. It was near 3 minutes. My splits have dropped, my Left leg one is near the ground, my right leg one is better, but not near the ground. My straddle is almost entirely on the ground.

Last night, AFTER the physical assessment and my trapeze private, we had Lyra/Sling class, where Caroline started me on her 12 step program to learning some cool release moves. Sadly the first step, was a few different kinds of pullups, so after my body was abused and dead from the day, I had to do PULLUPS for pretty much the entire class. HAAHAAHAA *sob sobsob*...

Anyway, I woke up this morning, my abs feel like hell, and I'm ready to read me some Harry Potter :)

1 comment:

Shana said...

OK first of all, no more starting blog posts with "nothing interesting to report". there is always interesting stuff to report!! and if you run out of solid news, let's hear some T. philosophizing. :) last of all, speaking of Harry Potter have you seen that Aircat Aerial Arts is having Aerial Quidditch sessions at the Boulder Circus Center?