Friday, December 24, 2010

Very Odd

It is so very odd.
I'm on BREAK finally, and all I want to do is train.

The Flying Nut (Necca's nutcracker-esque winter holiday show) is now over. We had a weekend of sold out performances. Our act was very well received by the audience. It was sad, cause I think as a group, a lot of us were mentally OVER the act, so it was hard to actually appreciate the praise of the act. It was a fun last weekend in Vermont for a little bit. We had our Secret Santa party on Saturday night, where everyone gave their final gift out revealing who they were (lots of socks were given, Dumbledore would have loved it).

All the costume work I did was well received as well.
In total, I made the giant skirt for Mother Ginger (see post below), made the pattern for the Fire group's multiple size tank tops, along with Jamie: made the entire set of 12 silver torso snuggs with appliqued silver stars on them for our Intensive fabric piece...am I forgetting something... OH YEAH!
I created an entirely new costume for Katie who was playing the sun in less than 1 day.
Katie who is in intensives was also given a role as the Sun, to do a duet piece with the girl playing the Moon (Emily). Emily shows up with this amazing costume she had made, and Katie was wearing this smirkus-esque hobo-esque unitard. So, I swooped in and masochistically decided to make an entirely new costume for her.
Voila...

No comments: