Saturday, October 23, 2010

WEEK 7 Part 2

So this week has ended now, and things are looking up.
Last week I was in a rut, I felt like skills were plateauing, strength wasn't increasing, flexibility DEFINITELY wasn't increasing...I was frustrated. BUT
this week came a long, and I have a feeling it was the week to get over the hump, and now upward movement will occur. This week I got back my elbow circles on hoop (and I think their form is nicer now), I'm still getting stronger and getting more reps out of strength activities at a time.

To end the week, I had a flexibility private lesson with Bill, which means A WHOLE LOT OF PAIN, but if you deal with it and just breath, a WHOLE LOT OF GAIN! Since before this program, my weakest stretch has been my pike stretch, where you sit or stand with your legs straight and together in front of you and reach for your toes. My hamstrings are so tight that I can reach my toes with the tips of my fingers on a good day, it's just excruciating for my legs to go any further. Before my private with Bill, standing, I couldn't even put my hands on the floor in front of my feet unless they were like at least 2 feet in front. By the end of my private with Bill, I could place my hands all the way on the floor DIRECTLY in front of my feet, and actually PUSH down on my hands (weight transfer such as prepping for handstands from that position, press ups and stuff).

Yesterday Bill said to stretch LIGHTLY (the day after Bill is apparently like the day after surgery), so I only stretched a little bit, and then I juggled with Tony (master juggler guy) who helped me with my club passing technique. After member's only training time, Christi, Katie and I went to...the HOLYOKE MALL! It's about 45 minutes away, but it's a mall, which is not something that could ever exist in or near Brattleboro. We went, and had a fun time. Katie and I bought a few select things, Christi...um she bought the mall.

Today, I have an interview at the Fireworks Restaurant, since I RE-followed up yesterday, and then Christina (a protrack student and very good friend of mine)-who is working there as a hostess- put in a good word for me with the boss, and now the boss seems to actually think she might hire me.
We'll see.

No comments: